- 8 slices white bread
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb. ground beaf
- 1/4 cup chop onion
- 2 tsp. chop celery
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded sharp amer. cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 1/8 tsp. dry mustard
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Toast bread, butter both sides.
- Cook and stir meat, onion, celery, prepared mustard and 1/2 tsp. of salt, until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Alternate layers of toast, meat mixture and cheese in greased baking pan 9 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over layers in pan, if you wish sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes.
Credit: Carol Lassahn, Municipal Court