- 1 1/2 Pounds cubed beef or pork
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 No. 2 Can pineapple chunks
- 1 small green pepper (strips)
- 1/4 Cup sugar (brown)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- Brown meal and add water; simmer for 1 hour.
- Combine brown sugar, juice from pineapple, cornstarch, and vinegar; mix well.
- Add to meat and cook until thickened.
- Add pineapple chunks, green peppers, onion, soy sauce, and salt.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over chow mein noodles.
Credit by: Bruce Carlson