- 2 Cups vinegar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mixed spices
- 1 Tbsp. grated horseradish
- 2 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. alum
- Wash cucumbers small or medium size and put into jars.
- Add vinegar, water. spices, horseradish, salt, and alum.
- Seal with 2 piece lids, placing in cold packer filled with cold water.
- When water comes to a boil, turn off and let cool in water.
- When ready to use, wash cucumbers, after draining off spice mixture.
- Cut into desired size, add 2 1/2 cups white sugar, and let stand at least 24 hours before using.
- Makes its own syrup.
- Enough for 2 quarts, if you need more liquid to fill jars, add extra vinegar to cover cucumbers.
Credit by: Sandi Weber