- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. pork shoulder cut in 3/4 in. cubes
- 2 small green peppers cut in strips 1/2" wide
- 1 1/2 cups drained canned pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 small tomatoes cut in small pieces
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Combine egg, flour, salt and 4 tbsp. water to make thin batter.
- Add pork cubes to batter and mix till well coated.
- Fry in hot oil until nicely browned.
- Drain well and keep hot.
- Combine green pepper, pineapple, brown sugar, vinegar, 1 cup water and molasses.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water, add to hot mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add pork and cook 5 minutes longer.
Credit: Liz Mundorff, Public Services