- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup shortening
- 1/3 Cup oil
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Heal oven to 375°.
- In large bowl, cream together sugar, shortening, oil, milk, almond extract, and egg.
- Cream until light and fluffy.
- Stir in dry ingredients and blend well.
- Spread evenly in ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 375° oven for 12 minutes, light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into squares or use your favorite cookie cutters.
Credit by: Sandi Weber