- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla & lemon extract until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine jam & sour cream.
- Add jam mixture alternately with dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Beating 'til well combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide among five greased & floured 4 1/2 x 2 3/4 x 2 1/4" loaf pans.
- Bake in 350° oven for 50 to 55 min or 'til done.
- Cool 10 min in pans.
- Remove & cool completely on wire racks.
Credit: Sandy (Mrs. Phil) Kessler, Fire