- 1 Package yeast
- 1/4 Cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/3 Cup shortening
- 3/4 Cup scalded milk
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 Cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Combine sugar, salt, shortening, and scalded milk in a large bowl.
- Cool to lukewarm by adding 1/2 Cup cold water.
- Blend in 1 egg and the dissolved yeast.
- Add sifted flour to mixture and mix until well blended.
- Place in greased bowl and cover with a towel.
- Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Stir down dough.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin tins, filling 1/2 full.
- Let rise in warm place until batter has risen to edge of muffin cup and is rounded in center, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in medium-hot, 400° for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 18 rolls.
Credit by: Sandi Weber