- 1 stick butter (not margarine)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 scallions - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- Melt butter, add olive oil, saute all ingredients, do not brown.
- Add 6 cans chopped clams (not minced) and add 2 to 3 bottles clam juice(if you want more sauce).
- Mix 3 to 4 tbsp. corn starch in some clam juice (cold) and stir into boiling mixture until thickened.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Boil vermicelli pasta in water, salt and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Test and do not let vermicelli get mushy, slightly firm is best.
- Wash it in collander, using very hot water, let drain before serving.
- Serve fresh chopped parsley on top.