slow cooker beef ragu with pappardelle
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic smashed slightly
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak cut against the grain into 4 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 ounce
- 1/4 cup carrots chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 16 ounces pappardella pasta
- Parmesan ricotta, and parsley for topping
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and broth over the beef and add the garlic from step one, carrots, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours. Discard the herbs and shred the beef in the pot using 2 forks.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to the pot, and add the sauce from the slow cooker. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the pasta and sauce are combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide among 8 bowls and top each with Parmesan, ricotta, and parsley. Serve hot!