- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup warm water
- 2 Packages dry yeast
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 5 1/4 Cups flour (unsifted)
- Scald milk and stir in sugar, salt, and butter.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Measure warm water into large warm bowl.
- Sprinkle or crumble in yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs, and 2 cups of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- Punch down and turn out on lightly floured board.
- This dough can be made into pan rolls, crescents, and cloverleaf rolls.
Credit by: Sandi Weber