- 9 Inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 Cup light corn syrup
- 1 Cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup butter melted
- 1/3 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust; sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. (Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done.)
- If crust or pie appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining baking time.
- You can top it with a bit of whipped cream, but even plain, nothing tops this! Serves 8 to 10.
- The original recipe stated that the pie should be baked 45 to 50 minutes in a preheated 350-degree GAS oven. If an electric oven is used, it may be necessary to add 15 to 20 minutes to the baking time. (Begin testing the pie with a toothpick after 45 minutes.)
Credit by: Sandi Weber