- 1 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 Cups whole bran cereal
- 1 16 oz. Can pears in natural juices
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Drain and dice pears; combine with bran and milk.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add oil and egg to pear mixture; add all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin pans 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes and clean. Makes 1 dozen.
Credit by: Sandi Weber