- 1 Pound candy orange slices (cut up)
- 8 Ounces dates (cut up)
- 1 Cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/4 Cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Cup butter
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1/2 Cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 1 Tsp. soda
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 Cups flour
- Mix orange slices, dates, nuts, coconut, and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter; add eggs and milk with soda.
- Add flour and salt.
- Add fruit mixture.
- Put in 3 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1 1/4 hours.
- Pour the following glaze over bread while still hot; 3/4 cup orange juice, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Let cool in pans before removing.
Credit by: Sandi Weber