- 1/4 Cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/8 Tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. grated onion
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Accent
- 1/4 Tsp. nutmeg
- Pour milk over bread crumbs.
- Stir to blend.
- Add ground beef, beaten egg, onion, and seasonings.
- Mix lightly until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into patties 2 1/2-inches in diameter.
- Heat in large skillet having a tight fitting cover.
- Melt 3 tbsp. butter, add patties and cook over medium heat until brown.
- Set patties aside to keep warm.
- Saute 1 large-onion in 2 tbsp. butter.
- Remove onion from skillet.
- Drain off fat, then add 1 tbsp. sugar to fry pan, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until sugar is melted.
- Add 1/2 cup meat broth gradually with 2 tbsp. butter.
- Cook and stir until blended.
- Pour over meatballs, top with onion slices and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Serves 4.
Credit by: Bruce Carlson