- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. flank steak
- salt pepper & flour
- 1/2 cup drippings
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 large onions
- 1 #2 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- Cut flank into 1" pieces. Sprinkle seasonings over meat; dredge with flour.
- Brown in hot drippings.
- Remove browned meat & push to one side. On other side of pan cook the onion until golden brown, being careful not to brown.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder and salt. Mix.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 - 2 hours on top of stove or in oven.
- Push around in pan to keep from sticking.