- 1 lb. Maryland regular crabmeat
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- Remove cartilage from crabmeat.
- Mix breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and white pepper together well.
- Pour mixture over crabmeat and fold in lightly but thoroughly.
- Form into six cakes.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees F. until golden brown.
Makes 6 crab cakes. Credit: Randy Houchen, Fire