- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 Pound chicken livers (or beef or pork liver, cut in bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 Cup sliced celery
- 1/4 Cup diced green pepper
- 1 16 oz. Can whole tomatoes ((broken up))
- 1 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 3/4 Tsp. marjoram leaves crushed
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 3 Cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet heat oil until hot.
- Add liver; saute until tender.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add celery and green pepper; saute until crisp-tender; set aside.
- To skillet add tomatoes, salt, majoram, thyme, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add rice and reserved celery, green pepper, and liver.
- Simmer, covered, until hot about 5 minutes.