- 1 lb. chopped meat
- 2 large cans Contadino tomato puree
- 1 medium can Contadino tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic power
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 3 tbsp crisco oil
- grated cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup water
- Saute chopped meat in oil with onion and seasoning of salt/pepper/garlic powder/parsley flakes to taste.
- Add puree and tomato paste with water, salt, pepper, sugar, grated cheese, bay leaf -- simmer at least 1 1/2 hours covered.
- Serve with spaghetti or macaroni.
Credit: Barb Tarde, LPD Records