- 1 lb. shell macaroni
- 1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 - 3 oz. can mushrooms or
- 1/8 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 1 - 20 oz. can tomatoes
- 1 - 16 oz. can tomatoe sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in dutch oven with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- In a skillet, crumble hamburger; add diced onion, mushrooms and green pepper.
- Mix together until hamburger is cooked.
- When done drain off grease.
- Add canned tomatoes, chopped and tomatoe sauce.
- Simmer until noodles are done.
- Drain noodles and put back in dutch oven.
- Add meat mixture and mix well.
- Cover & simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Credit: Terry Tait, Communications