- 2 Cups hot water
- 2 Tbsp. heaping lard
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 2 Packages dry yeast
- 7 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup lukewarm water
- Dissolve 2 packages dry yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
- Dissolve lard in hot water and cool, till lukewarm.
- When cool, add yeast mixture and the rest of the ingredients.
- Then add flour to right consistency (about 7 C).
- Doesn't take long to raise, about 2 hours.
- Make into rolls and let rise again.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown.
Credit by: Sandi Weber