- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded cooked potatoes (can use frozen hash browns)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese - American (Velveeta)
- In 10" or 12" skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Leave drippings in pan; remove bacon and crumble.
- Mix potatoes, onion and green pepper in skillet and cook over low heat until underside is crisp and brown.
- Blend eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Cover and cook until set on low heat.
- Top with cheese and cook until melted; top with bacon.
- Loosen omelet and fold.
Credit: Sue Harris, Finance