- 2 pkgs. 12 oz. each frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups dairy sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed corn flakes with 1/4 cup melted butter
- Place potatoes in colander.
- Let stand until completely thawed, and excess moisture has drained off.
- Combine sour cream, soup and butter. Mix well.
- Add salt, onion and cheese. Mix well.
- Blend in potatoes.
- Place mixture in shallow 2 qt. casserole.
- Sprinkle buttered cornflakes crumbs on top.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350° oven for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
(This recipe is at its best when not assembled more than 2 hours before it goes into the oven.) Credit: Debbie Hackett, Dispatch