- 4 Cups boiling water
- 1 Cup raw wild rice
- 1 4-6 oz. Can sliced mushrooms ((drained))
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cubes beet bouillon dissolved in 1 Cup water
- 1 bay leaf (crumbled)
- 3/4 Cup chopped celery
- 1/3 Cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 Pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 Tsp. each celery salt garlic salt, onion salt, paprika, pepper
- 1/2 Cup slivered almonds
- Pour water over rice and let stand 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except almonds.
- Saute celery and onion in small amount of butter and add to above mixture.
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain and add to rice and sauce.
- Pour into casserole.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in moderate oven (350°). Serves 8-10 persons.
Credit by: Bruce Carlson