- 4 Cups green gooseberries
- 3/4 - 1 Cup sugar (depending on sourness of berries)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/8 Tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- Sprinkle over berries, stirring to distribute.
- Turn into pie shell, dot with butter and brush edge of pastry with water.
- Cover with pastry and slash.
- Bake in 450° oven for 15 minutes or until crust is delicately browned.
- Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking 20-25 minutes or until berries are tender.
Credit by: Sandi Weber