- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup molasses
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tsp. soda (baking)
- 3 Tsp. ginger
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon rind or 2 Tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix flour, soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon in bowl.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and egg in another bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and lemon rind.
- Stir in dry ingredients, half at a time; blend well after each time.
- Roll level teaspoonfuls of dough between palms into balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
Credit by: Sandi Weber