- 2 lbs. lean stew meat seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 6 medium potatoes cut up
- 8 white boiling onions
- 3 carrots quartered
- 1 turnip cut up
- 2 stalks celery cut in 1" pieces
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sherry
- Season meat with salt, pepper, paprika and onion soup mix.
- Place meat in large casserole; add potatoes and onions, carrots, turnips, celery.
- Blend celery soup with water and wine; pour over meat.
- Bake, covered in slow oven (250° to 300°) for 5 hours.
Credit: Liz Mundorff, Public Services