- 3 - 4 lb. fresh brisket of beef
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 bottles of chili sauce with equal amount water
- 1 - 12 oz can beer
- Place brisket in pan and cover with onions, celery soup mix, chili sauce & water.
- Roast in oven 1 hour per lb at 325 degree.
- During last 45 min add can of beer Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day skim off hardened fat and slice in thin slices against the grain.
- Heat and serve.
Excellent with rice. Credit: Bill Bickerton, Fire