- 4-6 large potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup stick of margarine
- 11 lb loaf of Velveeta Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer ingredients (2 or 3 depending on size of pot) beginning with the potatoes and in the order given.
- Drop margarine by tsp, spread soup evenly on layers, slice cheese on layer.
- Salt and pepper on the potato layer.
- Cream of Mushroom soup may be substituted for Cream of Celery if desired.
- Cook on low (overnight) if desired for a Noon meal.
- Cook on low (all day) if desired for an evening dinner.
- Needs to cook on low at least 6 to 8 hours depending on size of the pot.
- You may cut back on the cheese and soup if you like a dryer mix, this makes a nice creamy potato dish.