- 1/2 Cup cornmeal
- 2 Tsp. salt
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup shortening
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 Packages yeast
- 1 Cup warm water
- 5-6 Cups flour
- Cook cornmeal, salt, and milk until thick.
- While still hot add the sugar and shortening; cool.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and mix well with cornmeal mixture.
- Add eggs and stir.
- Stir in 5 to 6 cups of flour to make medium dough.
- Knead, put in greased bowl and let rise for about an hour.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a circle.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Cut into 8 pieces pie wedged.
- Start at large end to roll up and place on greased pan.
- Let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Credit by: Sandi Weber