- 2 oz salt pork diced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 #2 can 2½ c cream style corn
- 1 1/2 c fresh or canned tomaotes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 c boiling water
- 1 c hot milk
- Fry salt pork until golden brown; add sliced onion & cook without browning 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables in layers; sprinkle with sugar & seasonings; then add the boiling water & cook slowly until potatoes are tender.
- Remove vegetables from heat and slowly stir in milk.
- Place crackers in hot soup bowls & pour chowder over.
Makes 8 servings. Credit: Marilyn Stoner, Youth Employment