- chicken breasts thighs or drumsticks ((allow 2 pcs. per serving))
- 1/4 lb. butter or margarine
- pepper to taste
- harlic powder to taste
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup wine (burgundy is my preference, but many prefer the more tart flavor of sauterne - both are excellent )
- 1 clove garlic fresh finely diced or crushed
- 6 oz. can mushroom sliced
- Skin and rinse chicken pieces in cool water.
- Season pieces to taste with pepper and garlic powder.
- Brown chicken pieces in butter in medium hot skillet (if you use deep electric skillet, you can do this in one pan).
- Set aside chicken and saute onion until clear.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Return chicken to skillet, add wine, parsley, diced or crushed garlic clove, and mushrooms.
- Add 1/2 cup of water (if more liquid is needed, use at same ratio of 3 parts wine to 1 part water).
- Cook on low heat for 45 minutes (white meat) to 1 hour (dark meat).
- Serve with rice.