- 2 - 15 oz. cans red kidney beans
- 1 - 4 oz. can whole mushrooms
- 1 - 12 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 1 4 oz. can pimento
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2/3 cup caesar or cheddar dressing
- 12 slices cold roast beef
- salad greens
- Drain beans, mushrooms, corn and pimento well.
- Combine celery, kidney beans, mushrooms, corn, onion, half the pimento, and 2 tbsp. parsley in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing; toss to mix well. Chill.
- Fold slices of roast beef; arrange along sides of platter at serving time.
- Place salad greens at ends of platter; spoon salad mixture in mound in center.
- Garnish with additional dressing and remaining pimento, parsley and capers.
This is a nice party tray or a wonderful meal for a hot summer night. Credit: Linda Bushman, Museum