- 1 pint Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 pkg. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 1 cup Diced Pineapple
- 1 cup White Grapes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Cook cranberries in boiling water until soft.
- Force cooked cranberries through a sieve.
- Combine cranberry juice and sugar in a pan, bring to a boil and boil until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Soften gelatin in cold water, add to juice and stir to dissolve.
- Chill until partially set, then add pineapple, grapes and nuts.
- Chill until firm.
- Serve with mayonnaise mixed with whipped cream or cool whip.
- Drop the dressing by teaspoon to each serving, add a maraschino cherry (red or green).
Credit: Marge Beckman, Retired