- 1/3 Cup flour
- 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 small egg (well beaten)
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- Cream butter well, add sugar and continue creaming until well mixed.
- Mix in the beaten egg.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients in 2 or 3 portions until dough is just smooth.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thick on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in a moderately hot oven (400°) for 6-8 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
Credit by: Sandi Weber