- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
(all cans size # 2 1/2)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 green pepper chopped (dehydrated green pepper flakes and minced onion may be substituted)
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- Season to taste with cumin powder, sweet basil, salt, and pepper.
- Brown meat over medium heat.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Simmer four hours on low heat.
- If more liquid desired, I add tomato juice or water or half of each.