- 6 slices white bread
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese
- Cube 2 slices bread and place in bottom of casserole.
- Combine chicken, vegetables, mayo, seasonings, add spoon over bread cubes.
- Trim crusts from remaining bread and arrange on top of chicken mixture.
- Combine eggs, milk and pour over all.
- Cover and chill overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, spoon soup on top and bake at 325° about an hour or until set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top for last few minutes of baking.
Credit: Margery Smith, Library