- 2 lbs. carrots sliced into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. sweet basil
- 2 tsp. almond flavoring
- 1 small onion sliced very thin
- 1 small green pepper sliced very thin
- 1 - 8 oz. bottle Italian salad dressing
- Slice carrots and cook until tender-crisp, drain.
- Heat sugar, oil and vinegar until sugar dissolves, combine with basil, almond and salad dressing.
- Toss carrots with onions and peppers, pour marinade over.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.