- 2 Cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 Cups white flour
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. soda
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 Cup nutmeats (chopped)
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, and butler.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture.
- Beat egg and beat in salt, soda, vanilla, and milk.
- Add to brown sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Top batter with reserved cup of brown sugar crumbs, to which has been added the chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter and crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
Credit by: Sandi Weber