- 1 Quart cider vinegar
- 1 Pint water
- 4 Cups sugar
- 1/3 Cup salt
- 2 Tsp. celery seed
- 2 Tsp. mustard seed
- 2/3 Tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp. ginger
- Large cucumbers
- Slice cucumbers in bowl, cover tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, fill jars with sliced cucumbers.
- Top with several slices of onion.
- Mix vinegar, water, sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed, turmeric, and ginger into a large pan.
- Bring to boil and boil until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Pour sauce over cucumber until they are covered.
- If using rubbers and zinc lids, wipe jar off and put lids on a tighten.
- This is all you have to do to seal these jars.
- If using flats and bands, wipe jar off, put lids on and tighten.
- Bring 3/4 full canner of water to boil.
- Add jars and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and tighten lids if necessary.
- Let all jars stand for 6 weeks before using to allow flavors to completely penetrate the cucumbers.
- Makes 3 1/2 - 4 quarts.
Credit by: Sandi Weber