- 3/4 lb. chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 to mato paste cans of water
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 - 15 oz. cans of large butter beans
- Brown bacon in large frying pan.
- Pour off all but 2-3 tablespoons of grease.
- Add onion, green pepper, brown sugar, tomato paste, water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain beans and combine with sauce in large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
Credit: Bob Young, Fire