- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. of round steak or sirloin
- 1/4 cup dry venoouth
- 1 can beef gravy
- 1 large onion
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. catsup
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Trim the fat off meat and cube.
- Put 3 tbsp. of butter in heavy skillet, brown meat on all sides and then take meat out.
- Cook onion (sliced) in pan until it is transparent.
- Add drained can of sliced mushrooms, 1 can of gravy; 2 tbsp. of catsup; 1 teaspoon of dry mustard; 1/4 cup of dry venoouth; 1/2 teaspoon of salt; 1/8 teaspoon pepper; and put meat back into the pan.
- Stir everything up and taste for more salt.
- Cook gently (uncovered) for 20 minutes.
- In the last five minutes, add sour cream (don't let it boil!)