- 3-4 lb. brisket of beef
- 2 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Cover both sides of brisket with liquid smoke and next 6 ingredients.
- Place brisket in pan and marinate meat in refrigerator overnight.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 300° oven 5 hours.
- Add Barbecue sauce and leave uncovered last hour. Baste occasio occasionally.
- I like to partially cook - cool in pan drippings and remove fat.
- Then continue cooking until just before serving.
Credit: Peggy McManus, Littleton Service Center