- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup mashed banana
- 1/2 Cup sour milk
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tsp. soda
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 Cup Rice Chex (crushed)
- 3/4 Cup chopped nuts
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and banana; mix well.
- Sift flour, soda, salt, and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix and stir in 3/4 cup crushed cereal and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Turn into well-greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup cereal and 1/2 cup nuts, brown sugar, and butter.
- Sprinkle over the top of the batter and pat down lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning out.
Credit by: Bruce Carlson