- 7 slices white bread
- 3/4 # longhorn cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. dry mustard
- dash cayenne pepper
- small cubes ham (if desired)
- Trim crusts from bread slices & butter bread on one side.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes; place buttered side up in 2 x 13" glass pan.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt, mustard & pepper.
- Pour over bread slices, add cubes of ham and top with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hrs @ 325° (or until eggs are set).
- Uncover last 10 minutes of baking time.
Credit: Sandy (Mrs. Phil) Kessler, Fire